Listen please...
When u are alone
In your fight
And you have no strength
to be alone
Who do you turn to?
"No one can help you
If you don't help yourself"
"Why don't you just get up and leave?"
"Just run away"
"Leave the baby with him and run"
Oh, how easy it is for people to say such things!
How simple to utter decisive words.
Have you been in a siuation like this?
You don't know the million chains that have held me,
Who likes to die everyday?
Who likes to be wounded upon a wound?
I want to escape more than you say
But I have a zillion things to think about
I am broke in so many sense
No money, no job, no driver's license, no car, no family, no roof, no emotional stability or confidence....
But a child
An innocent toddler whom I love to death
Whom I am responsible for
And so I overthink and stress and worry and contemplate.....
When I tell you my thoughts
Or my feelings
Or my emotions
I am not looking for sympathy
Or firm advice.
All I need is a listening ear
With a patient heart
Who can comfort me
Through my turmoils
As I fight my battles alone
Each day
Until I have the courage
To fly away
With strength and dignity
Is is too much
To hear me out
Without judgement
Or exasperation
Till I can get a grip
Of my life
And set myself free?
Can u just
Not be a friend?
Comments
Post a Comment