I am a woman

I am a woman
Since ages and beyond time
I have endured
Innumerable torment
Making my heart sore
Always carrying exhaustive load
With determined dignity
And a composed smile on my lips.
I am a woman
Who has birthed humanity
Carrying heartbeats 
Effortlessly in my womb
And enduring immense pain
During the birth of those beats.
I am a woman
who has been tormented
To the brim 
filling up oceans with tears
Sometimes hyper-used to fulfill
Wild, carnal desires and lusts
And sometimes sold in markets
For the same.
I am a woman 
Occasionally worn 
As an adornment for men
Who pride themselves
About bestowing 
Honor and veneration
To me
So that I can walk
On earth with dignity.
I am a woman
Often at the merciless mercy of men
Who  boast of how they protect
And provide shelter to me
And safeguard me
The same being who has shielded
These men in my  womb
When they could barely whisper.
I am a woman
Since generations
Bent and haggard
Under the weight of
Monumental expectations
To carry out every maneuver
With flawless perfection.
I am a woman 
Sometimes explosively
Forced to become the epitome 
Of sainthood
And elevated to a pedestal
I can barely stand on.
I am a woman
Whose minuscule mistakes
Can become a heavy sin to atone for
When judged under the microscopic eyes
Of Male vanity.
I am a woman
Sometimes hit and abused
Both verbally and physically
By hollow, ruthless men
Who love to take advantage 
Of my frail fragility 
And a pining, loving heart.
I am a woman
Who has even endured
Becoming a puppet-doll 
In the savage hands of men
Who play with my emotions
For their vicious amusement.
I am a woman 
I  cry my silent tears
Hidden away from cruel gaze
In the darkest of dark nights
Emotionally exausted, empty and alone
And wake up with stoic resolve
The next day ...
To pretend and smile and laugh and nurse egos and kiss away hurt and care and tend and cajole and entertain and work and be selfless and giving and grin and bear......









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Effort

The eerie silence of absence

Obituary