Mangoes can blow up
AUGUST 12TH 2020
My narc at dinner time:
I gave him to eat. He finished while I looked after our 2 yr old. Then I began to eat. He had this brilliant idea of cutting up mangoes and offering them to our son. Our kid was not interested. He felt slighted??? I don't know.....not sure. But he had this weird look on his face.
He approached me with the mangoes and offered them. I already had my plate full with bread and chicken. I politely asked him to put the bowl of mangoes on the kitchen countertop and I will eat them after I finish dinner.
He seemed to get offended and angry.
Narc (angry) : when I offer u something, u are supposed to take it.
Me: I will eat the mangoes after I am done with dinner. Plz keep the bowl on the countertop.
Narc: what am I saying? When food is being offered, u don't refuse. Don't u have any manners at all?
Me: I am trying to finish dinner. Once I am done I will take them.
Narc: You don't get it do u? U have to be stubborn! If I wanted I cud have eaten the whole bowl. I CAN eat the whole bowl. Yet I am offering u these mangoes and you refuse????
Me: I am not refusing. I am just finishing dinner right now. I will eat them after that. I said so.
Narc (silent rage and seething): Fine!
(Eats up the entire bowl of cut mangoes).
Like omggg!!!
What was that anyways?
It's like I can't even have dinner in peace without having my sanity disturbed.
He sounded so rude and condescending. It was like he was ordering and I was to immediately obey.
It might sound like a simple banter. But it was not. Only those who have lived or are living with narcs will understand.
There was quiet, angry force and an unheard- how dare u say 'no' to me......
It always feels like bullying.
He has used a lot of coercive force/control over the years to make me eat what HE wants me to eat and when HE wants me to eat. Plus he has made me wear what he wants me to wear. Never giving me the freedom of choice.☹
Comments
Post a Comment